Blackberry Slab Pie
Updated: Dec 25, 2020
• Frozen pie crust (two pack, thawed)
• Blackberry preserves (store bought or it's easy to make)
• Egg wash - 1 egg yolk mixed with 2 teaspoons of water
• Blackberries (for garnish)
• Glaze - 1 cup confectioner’s sugar & water for thinning
1. To start, you'll want to preheat your over to 350 F. Then, lay out the bottom piece of your pie crust on your pizza stone (or baking pan).
2. Spread the preserves around to cover the crust, leaving about half an inch uncovered around the perimeter (this part does not make for the prettiest photo as you can see!).
3. Make your egg wash. Simply mix 1 egg yolk with 2 teaspoons of water.
4. Lay your second piece of crust over top of the preserve covered bottom. Pinch the edges all around, carefully rolling up slightly to ensure you seal in the preserves while baking. Brush with the egg wash.
5. Bake for about 40 minutes until golden.
6. Let cool before adding your glaze. To make the glaze, whisk or stir the confectioner’s sugar and water, one tablespoon at a time, until you get a glaze consistency. Brush liberally over the top of the cooled pie. Let it dry before slicing (only takes a few minutes.